Report on Implementation of Forestry Measures under the Rural Development Regulation 1698/2005 for the Period 2007-2013
European Commission, 2009
- description, financial assessment and examples of forestry measures under the CAP
EU subsidies for forestry in € million for 2007-2013
Axis 1 forestry measure: 651.8
- Improvement of the economic value of forests (122)
Axis 2 forestry measures: 5 532.7
- First afforestation of agricultural land (221): 2 410.7
- Restoring forestry potential and introducing prevention actions (226): 1 553.3
- Non-productive investments (227): 809.2
Estimated share of other rural development measures going to forestry: < 2 000
- add value to agricultural and forestry products (123): € 550 million
- development and adaptation of agriculture and forestry (125): € 970 million
→ During the programming period 2007-2013 around € 8 billion will be made available from the Community budget (EAFRD).
- Less than 3% of the entire CAP budget are spent on forestry. That’s little. But subtracting the money spent on forestry that is not directed at forest owners (such as the € 2.4 billion used for ‘First afforestation of agricultural land’), forest owners get little more than 1% of the entire CAP budget.